Sunday, February 6, 2011

January 25...

Feast is the day on which a religious festival takes place or an event that is already a culture to every people in their own places.
One of these feasts is the Vigan fiesta which is celebrated on the 25th day of January. It is the feast of Saint Paul, the Vigan patron. In the vigan fiesta there are different activities, like the street dancing competition, kalesa parade, games, tradefair, food fair and other exciting events.
Actually, I haven’t experienced watching those different activities in the feast of Vigan because sometimes I have no time but mostly, our parents don’t permit us to watch those activities especially during night time. But this year, we went to watch the “Showdown,” and I was really happy and excited that time. But unluckily, when the showdown is going to start, my mother called me, and she said that we must go home. So we went home and we were very sad because we didn’t watch again.
But still, I enjoyed it because of the fireworks display.
I am still hoping that someday I will totally enjoy the Vigan Fiesta, especially watching its activities.
Visit also Vigan and be a part of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment